Helping Employees That Suffer Discrimination
Unfortunately in today’s society, many employees still face discrimination in the workplace. To combat such discrimination, the Federal Civil Rights Act (Title VII) and the Florida Civil Rights Act were enacted. The purpose of these anti-discrimination laws are to provide equality of employment opportunities and to eliminate those practices that discriminate on the basis of color, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, and disabilities.
Forms Of Employment Discrimination
These laws protect employees from employment discrimination when it involves:
- Unfair treatment because of your race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, disability or marital status
- Harassment by managers, co-workers, or others in your workplace, because of your race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap, disability or family status
- Denial of a reasonable workplace accommodation of your religious beliefs or disability;
- Retaliation because you have complained about job discrimination
We have helped numerous individuals recover monetary damages for the unlawful discrimination they have suffered. Such damages have included lost wages, compensatory damages, pain and suffering damages, and punitive damages. Through helping these individuals the employment attorneys at LaBar & Adams, P.A. have been directly confronted with the worst that employees must endure from their employers.
Read more about the areas of discrimination that LaBar Adams can help you overcome:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Equal Pay Act
- Florida Civil Rights Act
- Federal Civil Rights Act
- Family Medical Leave Act
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- USERRA: Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act
Contact Our Orlando Workplace Discrimination Attorneys
If you work in Orlando or anywhere in Central Florida and have suffered from discrimination at the workplace, please contact the employment attorneys at LaBar & Adams, P.A. in Orlando at 407-835-8968 or fill out the online form located on our website.